Customized Training Program
The Customized Training Program supports the economic development efforts of the State of North Carolina by providing education and training opportunities for eligible businesses and industries.
- Combines the services of the former New and Expanding Industry Training (NEIT) Program
- Includes the services of the former Focused Industry Training (FIT) Program
- Allows more effective response to business and industry needs
- Offers programs and training services to assist new and existing business/industry
- Provides opportunity for business/industry to remain productive, profitable, and within the state
- The program was developed in recognition of the fact that one of the most important factors for a business or industry considering locating, expanding, or remaining in North Carolina is the ability of the state to ensure the presence of a well-trained workforce.
- Designed to react quickly to the needs of businesses and industries
- Designed to respect the confidential nature of proprietary processes and information
- Provides support of full-time production and direct customer service positions
- Enhances the growth potential of companies located in the state
- Prepares workforce with essential employment skills for emerging technologies
- Manufacturing; Technology Intensive (i.e., Information Technology, Life Sciences)
- Regional or National Warehousing and Distribution centers
- Customer Support Centers; Air Courier Services
- National Headquarters (with operations outside North Carolina)
- Civil Service Employees (providing support to U.S. military installations located in the state)
Requirements for Assistance (Must demonstrate two or more of the following)
- The business is making appreciable capital investment.
- The business is deploying new technology.
- The business is creating jobs, expanding and existing workforce or enhancing the productivity and profitability of the operations within the state; and
- The skills of the workers will be enhanced by the assistance.
Workforce Development/Customized Training Coordinator