Panther PRIDE3 – New Student Orientation
Panther PRIDE3 is Craven Community College’s new student orientation session. Orientation gives you a head start in making meaningful connections and introduces you to a host of resources to assist you with meeting your academic and personal goals. We will not only help prepare you for your first day of classes, we will also help you begin your journey toward graduation.
At orientation you will:
- Meet other students
- Understand academic expectations and what it takes to be a successful student
- Learn about Craven procedures and resources
- Receive group academic advising
- Prepare to register for your courses
If you are a new curriculum student (certificate, diploma or associate degree) or a returning student who has been away for a year or more, you will be required to attend a Panther PRIDE3 orientation session before you will be eligible to register for classes. Participation is recommended, not required, for students who have earned a bachelor's degree or higher or are a visiting (special credit) student.
Once you have been admitted to Craven, you can register for an on campus session.
Please make sure to have completed your placement tests before you attend a Panther PRIDE3 session.
If you are a distance education learner and cannot attend an on-campus orientation, please complete the online orientation.
New Student Checklist
- Apply to attend Craven Community College.
- Schedule and take the COMPASS Placement Test, if needed. Students may be exempt from taking the placement test if they meet certain requirements. More information and study guides are available at http://www.cravencc.edu/admissions/compass.cfm.
- New Bern: To schedule your test, please call the Admissions Office at (252) 638-7200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit official high school/GED and all college transcripts.
NOTE: College transcripts will be evaluated once you have taken your placement tests.
- Apply for Financial Aid: Review and complete the Financial Aid Application Procedures. Submit all supporting documents to Financial Aid Office in a timely manner. The Financial Aid process takes approximately 6-8 weeks to complete.
- Activate and check your Craven Gmail account. This email will be used as the primary communication from the campus. Your Gmail user name is listed in your admissions letter and is typically your firstname.lastname. Your initial password is your birth date, MMDDYYYY.
- Register to attend a Panther PRIDE3 orientation session.
During Orientation and Group Advising
- Bring a copy of your previous college transcript(s), and/or AP test scores so your academic advisor can help you select appropriate courses.
- Bring a copy of your ACT or SAT scores if you will be using them to determine course placement.
- Note: Advising is not included in the Havelock orientation and students will need to schedule a separate appointment with an advisor.
After Orientation and Before Classes Start
- Pay Your Tuition and Fees: Pay the fees by the deadline given at orientation. If you do not pay your fees by the deadline, your courses WILL be dropped.
- Get Your Parking Sticker for Your Vehicle
- New Bern: Stop by the One Stop Center (Student Center 105)
- Buy or Rent Your Textbooks. Check out Craven’s Bookstore at http://www.cravencc.edu/bookstore.
Panther Pride “Kick Off”
Your orientation to Craven continues with the Panther Pride “Kick Off” events for new and returning students. Panther Pride “Kick-Off” is a series of fun and interactive activities designed to help familiarize students with their campus and get them excited about the new academic year. Attending orientation activities is critical to your first-year success.