Transfer Center Services

Transfer to Craven

Incoming Transfer Student – Students who previously attended another college or university and are now seeking a degree, diploma or certificate at Craven.

Transfer from Craven

Applications for Transfer Admissions

  • Complete an online admission application, which can be found on the transfer institution’s website.
  • Pay any required application fee either online, by check or money order. DO NOT SEND CASH.

Craven Community College Transcript

  • Transfer institutions generally required the receipt of an official transcript from Craven (as well as from each college you have previously attended).
  • Craven transcript requests are made by completing the Enrollment Verification/Transcript Request Form. Transcripts are $5 per copy. Checks or money orders should be made payable to Craven Community College. The Student Accounts Office also takes credit card payments. Please call (252) 638-7268 to make payments.

Notification of Admission

  • You will be notified about your admission directly by your transfer institution.

Evaluation of Credits You Have Earned

  • Evaluation of credits is usually completed after you have been admitted to the college/university. Be sure to review your evaluation carefully. If you have any questions, check with the Admissions Office at your transfer college/university or a Craven Academic Advisor.

Applying for Financial Aid

  • Procedures for obtaining financial aid vary from one institution to another. The Financial Aid Office at your transfer college/university will be able to provide you with accurate information.
  • Start by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA):

College and University Transfer web pages

Appalachian State University

Mount Olive College

UNC – Charlotte

Campbell University

North Carolina A & T

UNC – Chapel Hill

Duke University

North Carolina Central University

UNC – Greensboro

East Carolina University

North Carolina State University

UNC – Wilmington

Elizabeth City State University

St. Augustine University

Western Carolina University

Fayetteville State University

Shaw University

Winston-Salem State University

Meredith College

UNC – Asheville


North Carolina Comprehensive Articulation Agreement Overview

The North Carolina Comprehensive Articulation Agreement (CAA) is a statewide agreement governing the transfer of credits between N.C. community colleges and the N.C. public universities.  Additionally, twenty-four N.C. private colleges and universities have endorsed the Independent Comprehensive Articulation Agreement. The CAA provides certain assurances to the transferring student; for example, the CAA identifies community college courses that are appropriate for transfer as electives or general education classes.

For more detailed information about the CAA visit the following sites:

Contact Information

Career/Transfer Center
Craven Community College
800 College Court
New Bern, NC 28562
Phone: (252) 638-4597