Transfer Center Services
Transfer to CravenIncoming Transfer Student – Students who previously attended another college or university and are now seeking a degree, diploma or certificate at Craven.
- How to Enroll Incoming Transfer Students: http://www.cravencc.edu/admissions/applications.cfm
Transfer from Craven
Applications for Transfer Admissions
- Complete an online admission application, which can be found on the transfer institution’s website.
- Pay any required application fee either online, by check or money order. DO NOT SEND CASH.
Craven Community College Transcript
- Transfer institutions generally required the receipt of an official transcript from Craven (as well as from each college you have previously attended).
- Craven transcript requests are made by completing the Enrollment Verification/Transcript Request Form. Transcripts are $5 per copy. Checks or money orders should be made payable to Craven Community College. The Student Accounts Office also takes credit card payments. Please call (252) 638-7268 to make payments.
Notification of Admission
- You will be notified about your admission directly by your transfer institution.
Evaluation of Credits You Have Earned
- Evaluation of credits is usually completed after you have been admitted to the college/university. Be sure to review your evaluation carefully. If you have any questions, check with the Admissions Office at your transfer college/university or a Craven Academic Advisor.
Applying for Financial Aid
- Procedures for obtaining financial aid vary from one institution to another. The Financial Aid Office at your transfer college/university will be able to provide you with accurate information.
- Start by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA):http://www.fafsa.ed.gov.
College and University Transfer web pages
|Appalachian State University|
North Carolina Comprehensive Articulation Agreement Overview
The North Carolina Comprehensive Articulation Agreement (CAA) is a statewide agreement governing the transfer of credits between N.C. community colleges and the N.C. public universities. Additionally, twenty-four N.C. private colleges and universities have endorsed the Independent Comprehensive Articulation Agreement. The CAA provides certain assurances to the transferring student; for example, the CAA identifies community college courses that are appropriate for transfer as electives or general education classes.
For more detailed information about the CAA visit the following sites:
- Frequently Asked Questions - Craven Community College information
- Transfer Course Listing - Craven Community College information
- Transfer Student Guarantees
- Transfer Assured Admissions Policy
Craven Community College
800 College Court
New Bern, NC 28562
Phone: (252) 638-4597