Student Registration and Records
The Registrar Office provides administrative support services to students, faculty and staff related to registration and student records. Craven Community College has approved a student records policy for the protection of the privacy of students and their academic records.
NOTE: Students who have earned 12 or more credit hours can use WebAdvisor to register online at anytime during the registration session. Select Classes to view current class listing.
NOTE: Please use the Section Codes listing to assist you in determining which classes are offered in New Bern or Havelock, which classes are Distance Education, Day, Night or Weekend classes and other characteristics of your class.
Traditional Registration (with an academic advisor):
New students, high school students taking dual enrollment classes and any returning students who have earned fewer than 12 college-level credit hours cannot use WebAdvisor to register. These students must meet with an academic advisor to register for classes.
Also, students in the Aviation System Technology, Basic Law Enforcement Training, Cosmetology, Health Information Technology, Pharmacy Technology, Physical Therapist Assistant and Nursing programs, as well as all non-degree seeking students, cannot use WebAdvisor to register. These students must also meet with an advisor.
- During registration, schedule a meeting with your academic advisor to register for classes. If you are unsure who your advisor is, you can stop by or contact Student Services at (252) 638-7200, the Havelock campus at (252) 444-6005 or the Cherry Point office at (252) 444-6000.
- You and your advisor will plan your schedule for the upcoming semester. At this time, he/she will register you for your classes.
- After your schedule is entered into the computer, you can go to the Student Accounts Office, at the New Bern Campus in the Student Center, Room 102 or the Havelock Campus in the Redd Building, Room 104 to pay your tuition and fees.
All students are strongly urged to register during the registration periods preceding the term they plan to enroll. (See Academic Calendar / Class Schedules for dates and times.)
Graduation Requirements and Procedures
Applicants for degrees, diplomas and certificates are required to file a formal application for graduation prior to the deadline published in the academic calendar. The Registrar Office verifies graduation eligibility and completion of all credential requirements.
- The minimum number of course credit hours prescribed in the program of study has been completed. A student receiving an Associate Degree must complete a minimum of 25 percent of the respective program credit hours at Craven Community College.
- All courses have been completed with a cumulative quality point average of at least 2.0.
- Students who intend to transfer credits from another school to meet Craven graduation requirements must complete these requirements within three years of the last term they attended Craven.
- All financial obligations to the College have been met.
You must complete all graduation requirements before the application deadline.(See Academic Calendar for dates.)
- Complete your Application for Graduation - (doc). Please use the correct Major Codes - (pdf) when completing your Credential Data information.
- Review your Application for Graduation with an academic advisor.
- Pay and submit your $15 graduation fee, submit a copy of your Application for Graduation and Academic Evaluation
NOTE: THE GRADUATION FEE IS NON-REFUNDABLE
- The graduation fee covers an academic year. Each academic year begins with the fall semester and ends with the subsequent summer semester. If you do not complete your graduation requirements on time for the fall and spring semesters, your graduation application with remain on file and the fee in effect through the end of the summer semester. If you apply for graduation in the summer and do not complete your graduation requirements during that semester, your application remains on file and the fee in effect through the fall semester, which follows.
- You must remain continuously enrolled each semester, with exception of the summer term, to graduate under your current catalog of record. Please contact your academic advisor if you have questions regarding your graduation requirements.
- You will receive additional information in April to elect participation in the spring graduation ceremony held in May. You must complete all graduation requirements to participate in the ceremony.
- We will mail your credentials after we have certified that your requirements have been completed. Please allow three (3) weeks after the semester ends to receive them.
Select Commencement 2014 to review the Commencement information.
Please send an e-mail to email@example.com with subject line Commencement for any questions or concerns.
Students must complete all course work and graduation requirements to participate in the ceremony.
Transcript and Enrollment Verification Requests
- Craven Community College holds all student records in confidence. Enrollment verifications, transcripts, and other pertinent information will be made available only upon request of the student. The student must sign a statement authorizing release before an enrollment verification or transcript will be sent to other colleges, employers or other agencies.
- All financial obligations to the College must be cleared prior to releasing a transcript or enrollment verification.
- All requests for transcripts or enrollment verifications should be made to the Registrar Office.
- There is no charge for enrollment verifications.
- Transcripts and Placement Test Scores are $5.00 per copy.
- Checks or money orders should be made payable to Craven Community College. The Student Accounts Office also takes credit card payments. Please call (252) 638-7268 to make payments.
Select Enrollment Verification/Transcript Request Form - (doc) to view/download the Request Form.
Mail/Fax the Authorization to Release Form to:
Craven Community College
800 College Court
New Bern, NC 28562
Please Allow 3-5 Business Days for Processing.
Degree and Enrollment Verifications for Employers
Craven Community College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide degree and enrollment verifications.
The National Student Clearinghouse can be contacted at:
National Student Clearinghouse
2300 Dulles Station Boulevard, Suite 300
Herndon, VA 20171
Transcripts requests from other colleges and high schools
- Use this form to request transcripts from your high school. If you have attended another college or university, Craven Community College requires transcripts before your application for admission can be processed.
- Select the Transcript request from other schools Form - (doc), it is the Form used to request a transcript from another institution including high school, college and/or university.
- If you prefer, you may go directly to the institution's Web site to obtain its transcript request form. Remember, forms require your signature, although many institutions will accept a fax copy.
- Many institutions charge a fee for transcripts requests. Payment should accompany a transcript request. There will likely be a delay in processing your request if you do not do so. Please contact the institution you attended for fee and mailing address information.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org (Use Subject line: Transcript Evaluations) or call (252) 638-7200 for questions or more information.
Please choose from the list of forms below. To save to your computer right click and choose "Save target as.."
Student Educational and Privacy Rights
Student Records and Privacy Rights Policy - (pdf)
Student Educational and Privacy Notice - (pdf)
Craven Community College
800 College Court
New Bern, NC 28562
Phone: (252) 638-7200
Fax: (252) 638-4649