Strategic Goals – 2010-2015
Teaching & Learning in the 21st Century
Craven Community College will provide students with an engaging learning experience within and beyond the classroom.
- Strengthen the student learning experience from entry to exit.
- Provide learners with enhanced opportunities for civic engagement and leadership development.
- Incorporate multicultural content and experiences into classes and co-curricular activities.
- Support alternative learning opportunities, technology usage and information literacy.
Partnerships & Programs in a Diverse Community
Craven Community College will strengthen alliances and serve as a recognized catalyst for regional economic, social and cultural development.
- Identify and develop responsive programs and enhanced support systems to serve new and expanded markets.
- Position the College as the central focus for community cultural opportunities and for visual, applied and performing arts programming.
- Strengthen and expand partnerships with colleges and universities, K-12 schools and businesses and industries.
Resources & Development in a Global Economy
Craven Community College will strengthen capacity through fiscal accountability, institutional advancement and resource development.
- Support continuous professional development and recruit highly qualified and team-oriented colleagues.
- Revitalize the College Foundation and secure federally-funded and private Foundation grants to address strategic priorities.
- Seek funding for implementation of the Facilities Master Plan for the New Bern and Havelock-Cherry Point campuses.
- Enhance physical facilities, infrastructure and landscapes that support “Going Green” systems to sustain the environment.